Let go and let God.

When I started this little blog, I totally planned on writing weekly. And then life gets in the way, kid sports totally take over and BAM... a month goes by! And honestly, life has been pretty calm, I haven't had too much to write about... well nothing overly exciting and juicy!

But I've been thinking a lot lately about trusting the Lord. (If you ain't a Jesus lover, this post might not do much for you. But if you are someone who has chosen to follow Jesus, or maybe you're on the verge of starting to follow Jesus, then this post might just help you out."

I have talked before about how I was growing up... very anxious, always a little worried, always waiting for the other shoe to drop. And when I think about it, I was still really living this way up until about a couple months ago. I have always had a love for Jesus. But I will be honest, I don't think I really had given Him my all before because I was so hesitant to trust anyone...even God.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight."

So I did just that. I handed over control and I began to put my trust fully into the Lord. When I started to really dive into His word and really develop an understanding of His love for me, that is when I realized just how much He deserved my complete devotion. And in that moment, life changed for me. A calmness came over every part of my life. I began to see people in a different way. I began to see why certain people had been taken out of my life, or why certain relationships had to end. And I began to be okay with it. In the past, I would dwell on the ending of things and just let it eat me up. But now, I know it has to happen because God has a plan and His plan clearly doesn't involve certain people. And it's all good. Because the people that God wants in my life will stay. As for the the rest, I can thank them for visiting and then let them leave.

Now don't get me wrong, there are still moments of darkness in my life. Legal battles looming from our accident, single mama drama, I'm still learning to live peacefully with PTSD, still learning ways to keep my MS from acting up. But the darkness isn't quite as dark as it used to be because I know that God is will me.

Psalms 23:4 says "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid for you are close beside me."

A big moment in my world was a couple weeks ago when something traumatic happened with my own father. As angry as I was and as sad as I was, I remembered 2 Corinthians 6:18...

"I will be a Father to you and you will be my sons and daughters."

I am not alone in this life, ever. Even if everyone around me left and I was physically alone, the Lord is here and he is by my side. And he is my Father. His love for me is forever. I don't have to fear a single thing. As long as I cling to Him, I'm able to fully see that the things that happen to me are truly part of His plan and there is a real comfort in that.

So if you are in a place in your life where you are unsure of your next step regarding your faith in Jesus, I encourage you to give it all up to Him. Give it to God. Your troubles. Your fears. Your insecurities. Your anger. Everything.

If you are in a great place with Jesus, keep going!

Life doesn't have to be full of fear, anxiety and darkness. God gave us His son so that we could give Him our pain. We can hand over our heartbreaks and our sadness.

So what the heck are you doin??? Yes you! Let go and let God. I promise, it's worth it. You are worth it.

Happy Sunday! Make this the week that you let go of some of that stuff you're holding onto so tight.

Xoxo
Jess

Comments